Full course $2,500
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Student Contribution $14.00
Lawnton / online / workplace
Full time / part time
Internal / online / workplace / RPL / User Choice / Certificate 3 Guarantee
Phone: 07 3881 3310 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Online enquiries: Contact form
Certificate III in Disability
The Certificate III in Disability qualification prepares you for work in the community and/or residential facilities under direct or regular supervision. In the role of a Disability Support Worker you may be involved in or be required to perform the following tasks:
- Implementing individual program plans to enable learning, independence and safe living skills that will improve the person’s quality of life
- Creating and maintaining an environment that empowers people with a disability
- Helping people with a disability to maintain contact with their family, friends and advocates
- Identifying and utilising specific communication methods to aid interaction with other people
- Undertaking health care procedures relating to the person’s personal hygiene, and well-being
- Performing various household tasks including planning menus, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping, and general services
- Providing companionship and support during daily activities
- Observing safe working practices
- Working individually and as part of a team
- Completing administrative work (often computer assisted) including maintaining client records and household accounts
- Liaising with other professional organisations
- Working actively with people with an intellectual disability, who may also have a physical disability, who are living in their own home or in a group home
- Supporting people to develop skills and abilities so they are more able to make decisions affecting their lives, live as independently as possible and to help them participate in the community
- Encouraging people to develop personal, community and social relationships
- Helping people to develop and maintain independence and safety in personal care, health care and hygiene (such as eating, dressing, toileting and bathing)
- Reporting directly to a supervisor and not responsible for other workers.
Achievement of this qualification provides a foundation for a career as a Disability Support Worker and means you will be employed in a professional environment providing care and support to people with an intellectual and/or physical disability living in their own home or in a community-based group home. The needs of the people you will work with vary, so a flexible, adaptable and positive attitude is important in this work. A career in disability work allows you the opportunity to make a difference to the quality of someone’s life.
- Learn from our sector leading trainers
- Recognition of experience and prior learning of existing workers’ experience
- Recognition of learning of people with a lived experience of disability
- Study in a flexible manner that suits you
- Access a range of assessment methods designed to suit your background and study goals
- Certificate 3 Guarantee funded
The Certificate III in Disability is made up of fourteen units of competency. Nine of these units are core units and five are elective units. A number of units within this qualification are common to other community services training package qualifications in Disability, Mental Health and Community Services Work, therefore individual training plans can be developed to suit your background and learning needs. View the packaging rules for the Certificate III in Disability and see what core and elective units you can complete.
There are no prerequisites for Spectrum Training’s Certificate III in Disability.
How to enrol
We offer a number of streamlined enrolment options to suit your needs. Individual students, including those interested in User Choice and Certificate 3 Guarantee funding, can enrol by filling in the form below. If you represent a group of students or would like a tailored program for your workplace then please contact us directly to see how we can help you reach your learning and development goals.