Certificate II in Community Services – CHC22015
The Certificate II in Community Services qualification may be used as a pathway qualification into community services work and may apply specifically to:
- Workers who support individuals by providing a first point of contact in a crisis situation and referral to a broad range of services, or
- Workers in residential facilities and/or in community services under direct or regular supervision within clearly defined organisation guidelines and service plans.
This training prepares you for work in:
- Providing assistance and support to people accessing a service or experiencing issues such as alcohol and/or other drug issues;
- Assisting people in meeting their immediate needs e.g. by providing shelter and food;
- Providing short-term contact with people in a crisis situation during which time they establish a helping relationship to define the crisis and provide referral information where appropriate;
- Providing ancillary services such as catering, cleaning, laundry, gardening and home maintenance
- Reporting directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.
Your role may have direct contact with people, identify presenting needs and refer to appropriate services and support.
Your knowledge and skills gained through this qualification and/or previous experience will equip you to consider employment as:
- Assistant community services workers
- Care service employee
- Contact officers
- Customer service staff
- Domestic assistant
- Home helper
- Housekeeping assistant
- Laundry assistant
- Night/community patrol workers
- Personal care assistant
- Provision of emergency relief
- Reception/front desk staff
- Support worker
This qualification may provide an appropriate pathway into higher level qualifications, such as those in aged care, mental health, disability and home and community care.
As a Community Service Worker you are employed in a job where you can empower groups in your community. This role is a rewarding job and a great way to give back to your community by making a difference in people’s everyday lives.
- Learn from our sector leading trainers
- Recognition of experience and prior learning of existing workers’ experience
- Study in a flexible manner that suits you
- Access a range of assessment methods designed to suit your background and study goals
The Certificate II in Community Services is made up of nine (9) units of competency. Five (5) of these units are core units and four (4) are elective units.
Some units within this qualification are common to other qualifications in Community Services and Disability, therefore individual training plans can be developed to suit your background and learning needs.
View the packaging rules for the Certificate II in Community Services and see what core and elective units you can complete.
Full course $1,350.00
Govt. Funded Place
Student contribution fee -
Concessional: $22.50Funding is only available to eligible Qld Residents
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Flexible (300 hours)
- Location Online / Workplace / Lawnton
- Attendance Full time / Part time
- Delivery Mode Internal / Workplace / RPL / Online
- Course Handbook CHC22015
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Units Of Competency